Organising quotes and the buildings insurance for flats or apartments with leasehold, often known as “block insurance” or “block of flats building insurance”, is a big responsibility, even for management companies. We understand that.

You may be a director of a Residential Management Company (RMC), Right to Manage Company (RTM), member of a Residents Association, a leaseholder or simply a resident who has volunteered to organise the buildings insurance for your block of flats and obtain quotes for comparison.

From two flats in a converted house to more than 200 in a purpose built block, we insure property of standard and non-standard construction. We also offer listed buildings and unoccupied property insurance.

With more than 29 years of experience, we understand that cover and price are important to you, and we will search our panel of well-known insurers to find you the appropriate level of cover at a competitive price – so you don’t have to.

And should the worst happen, if you need to make a claim, you’ll be supported by an adviser from our award-winning in-house claims team based here in the UK.

Benefits of our blocks of flats insurance cover for leaseholders

Any property comprising of two or more flats or apartments is considered a ‘block’ for insurance purposes. And while every individual block of flats has its own unique set of risks, there is some cover you should expect to find in a standard policy:

  • Buildings including accidental damage, water damage, fire, theft, flood and storm
  • Inflation protection of up to 50%. We use recognised independent price indices to amend your sums insured to reflect inflation, so you don’t have to
  • Trace and access of leaks in service pipes.
  • Communal contents including fitted carpets.
  • Alternative accommodation or loss of rent.
  • Outbuildings, such as garages, and communal gardens and grounds.
  • One excess per incident so if damage affects several flats you are liable for only one excess per total claim.
  • Replacement keys including keys to communal entrances.
  • Employers liability to cover anyone working in communal areas
  • Third party liability up to £10 million.
You won’t find us on comparison websites. Call us today for a no-obligation hassle free quote.

* Broker Claims Team of the Year 2016, The Insurance Times Awards.

Some of our partners

Other insurance products bought by customers

Engineering Insurance and Inspection Services
> Find out more