Blocks of Flats Insurance for Freeholders
Specialists in buildings insurance for flats
All blocks of flats considered
Are you protected?
Organising quotes and the buildings insurance for flats or apartments with leasehold, often known as “block insurance” or “block of flats building insurance”, is a big responsibility, even for management companies. We understand that.
You may be a director of a Residential Management Company (RMC), Right to Manage Company (RTM), member of a Residents Association, a leaseholder or simply a resident who has volunteered to organise the buildings insurance for your block of flats.
From 2 flats in a converted house to more than 200 in a purpose built block, we insure property of standard and non-standard construction. We also offer listed buildings insurance.
With more than 29 years of experience, we understand that cover and price are important to you, and we will search our panel of well-known insurers to find you the appropriate level of cover at a competitive price – so you don’t have to.
And should the worst happen, if you need to make a claim, you’ll be supported by an adviser from our award-winning in-house claims team based here in the UK.
Benefits of our blocks of flats insurance cover for leaseholders
Any property comprising of two or more flats or apartments is considered a ‘block’ for insurance purposes. And while every individual block of flats has its own unique set of risks, there is some cover you should expect to find in a standard policy:
- Buildings including accidental damage, water damage, fire, theft, flood and storm
- Inflation protection of up to 50%. We use recognised independent price indices to amend your sums insured to reflect inflation, so you don’t have to
- Trace and access of leaks in service pipes.
- Communal contents including fitted carpets.
- Alternative accommodation or loss of rent.
- Outbuildings, such as garages, and communal gardens and grounds.
- One excess per incident so if damage affects several flats you are liable for only one excess per total claim.
- Replacement keys including keys to communal entrances.
- Employers liability to cover anyone working in communal areas
- Third party liability up to £10 million.
Call us today for a no-obligation hassle free quote.
* Broker Claims Team of the Year 2016, The Insurance Times Awards.
Some of our partners
Other insurance products bought by customers
Other insurance services bought by customers
Why Choose Deacon?
- We offer you comprehensive standard cover plus optional extras.
- We have more than 27 years’ experience specialising in blocks of flats insurance; covering properties of standard and non-standard construction, converted properties and listed buildings as well as purpose built blocks.
- As part of Arthur J. Gallagher, named one of the world’s most ethical companies again in 2016 and one of the largest insurance brokers in the world, you can be confident that we will be here for you when you need us most.
- Your own expert claims advisor, a member of our award-winning* claims team based in Bournemouth, will support you step-by-step from first notification to claims settlement. (*Broker Claims Team of the Year 2016)
- We provide a 24 hour claims service allowing you to report a claim 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.