Your rented property can be a great asset. But as a landlord or buy-to-let investor, if you’re unprepared or just plain unlucky, it can fast become a financial burden. From insurance if a tenant doesn’t pay rent to the building, public liability and more, are you confident you know what you are covered for?  Remember, not all cover is the same, so remember to compare insurance on a like-for-like basis. 

With our buildings insurance, developed for landlords and buy-to-let investors, you can rest assured your rental property is in safe hands.

Key features of our standard buildings cover for landlords

  • the building up to the sum insured
  • garages, domestic outbuildings
  • car parks, roads, pavements, terraces, patios, drives and footpaths
  • walls, fences, gates, canopies, TV aerials, satellite dishes, external lighting,lamp posts, fixed signs, CCTV
  • drains, sewers and septic tanks
  • fire, smoke, storm, flood, escape of water from tanks, pipes or heating installations, theft or attempted theft, riot, civil commotion, leakage of oil from a fixed heating installation, impact by aircraft, road, vehicle, animal or train, falling radio and television aerials and dishes, fallings trees and subsidence (option to include malicious damage by tenants and accidental damage for an additional premium)
  • public liability up to £2 million (option to increase to £5 million for an additional premium)

For a copy of our guide to Residential Landlord insurance, the cover provided under a standard policy  and examples of how the cover could benefit you, click here.

Some of our partners

Other products bought by landlords

Landlord Liability and Legal Cover
> Find out more
Terrorism Insurance
> Find out more