Going on holiday? Be sure to check your travel insurance
It’s been a long haul (excuse the pun), but at last, if you’re thoughts are straying to sun kissed beaches and new adventures, then who could blame you?
You may even have already booked your destination, packed the sun cream and have your all-important travel insurance arranged, but have you read the terms and conditions?
If you choose the cheapest policy, the cover may not be as comprehensive as you think and if you need to make a claim you may discover you are not covered.
Take the time to consider the cover you require for going on holiday. It could help prevent surprises, should you need to make a claim.
Deacon is part of Gallagher, one of the world’s largest insurance brokers. Through Gallagher we can offer a range of insurance products, including travel.
The cover arranged can be extended to your spouse, cohabiting partner and dependent children and grandchildren too. To find out more click on this link Travel Insurance.
Meanwhile, here are five useful tips when buying travel insurance:
- Always declare any pre-existing any medical condition. Your insurance provider may contact your GP for your medical records in the event of a claim.
- If you’re going on an action-packed holiday check your insurance covers these types of activities, some policies are very specific.
- Check your cover limits. Losing a bag or wallet can be frustrating, but even more so if you find out you aren’t covered.
- Confirm cover dates. If you extend your holiday even by a day and something happens on that day, your insurer is unlikely to pay.
- Consider taking out missed departure cover. The additional cost on your premium could be a lot less than the price of a whole flight if you miss your flight.
The sole purpose of this article is to provide guidance on the issues covered. This article is not intended to give legal advice, and, accordingly, it should not be relied upon. It should not be regarded as a comprehensive statement of the law and/or market practice in this area. We make no claims as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained herein or in the links which were live at the date of publication. You should not act upon (or should refrain from acting upon) information in this publication without first seeking specific legal and/or specialist advice. Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited (Gallagher) trading as Deacon accepts no liability for any inaccuracy, omission or mistake in this publication, nor will we be responsible for any loss which may be suffered as a result of any person relying on the information contained herein.