Going on holiday? Be sure to check your travel insurance
It’s the time of year when thoughts start to stray to sun kissed beaches and new adventures!
The destination’s booked, the sun cream is packed and you have your all-important travel insurance, but have you read the terms and conditions?
If you choose the cheapest policy, the cover may not be as comprehensive as you think and if you need to make a claim you may discover you are not covered.
Take the time to consider the cover you require for going on holiday. It could help prevent any surprises, should you need to make a claim.
Deacon is part of Arthur J Gallagher (AJG), one of the world’s largest insurance brokers. Through AJG we can offer a range of insurance products, including travel, all underwritten by market security approved insurers.
The cover arranged can be extended to your spouse, cohabiting partner and dependent children and grandchildren* too. To find out more click on this link Travel Insurance.
Meanwhile, here are five useful tips when buying travel insurance:
- Always declare any pre-existing any medical condition. Your insurance provider may contact your GP for your medical records in the event of a claim.
- If you’re going on an action packed holiday check your insurance covers these types of activities, some policies are very specific.
- Check your cover limits. Losing a bag or wallet can be frustrating, but even more so if you find out you aren’t covered.
- Confirm cover dates. If you extend your holiday even by a day and something happens on that day, your insurer is unlikely to pay.
- Consider taking out missed departure cover. The additional cost on your premium could be a lot less than the price of a whole flight if you miss your flight.